- TPOPP stands for Transportable Physician Orders for Patient Preferences
- TPOPP form is a doctor’s order sheet. Initiated by the physician to promote communication about end of life care for appropriate patients.
- TPOPP form is for persons with chronic, advanced illness or terminal illness. TPOPP is not needed by everyone.
- TPOPP is a bi-state initiative in Kansas and Missouri area that is being supported by the Center for Practical Bioethics in Kansas City. The CEOs of Ascension Via Christi , Wesley Healthcare along with the President of the Medical Society of Sedgwick County have signed a charter agreement supporting the TPOPP effort in Sedgwick County.
- TPOPP emphasizes the right and responsibility of the patient to make decisions for themselves about end of life care.
- The TPOPP Wichita Steering Committee includes: first responders, doctors, Long Term Care and Hospice representation, nurses in local hospitals, case managers, Central Plains Area Agency on Aging, Kansas Academy of Family Physicians, etc.
- Quality patient care centered on the patient’s wishes for end of life care is the goal of the program. It is the patient’s right to have the care they wish to have
Serious Illness Conversation Guide
The Serious Illness Conversation Guide needs an explanation for the patients and families that these may be conversations initiated by health care professionals. The patients and families need to know these are conversations they will have with chronic, advanced illnesses and terminal illnesses.